Order ID: 89JHGSJE83839 Style: APA/MLA/Harvard/Chicago Pages: 5-10
Philosophy of Management
-Please answer the following two questions in 2-3 pages each (so 4-6 pages total). Please be sure that your responses conform to the formatting guidelines.
-You only can cite the materials I attached. you may not use outside supplementary material to support your argument. So, the only sources reference you can use are the attached files.
– You have to read the class note below, I attached note for question one and I will provide you the second note soon. You have to read the reading attachment first, then the note to understand what is the note about.
– Do not type the question again just mention the number of each question
The formatting guidelines are as follows:
type-written in 12 pt. Times New Roman font?
have 1 inch top and bottom and 1.25 inch left and right margins?
written on 8.5×11 inch paper
Despite being called The Art of War, Sun Tzus text in fact advances a pacifist thesis. What are the different strategies through which Sun Tzu advises military commanders to avoid conflict? What sorts of knowledge do these strategies require?
How does Plato define the philosopher-king? What is it, exactly, that the philosopher-king knows that others do not, and how does the content of the philosopher-kings knowledge stand in relation to other forms of knowing and existing??
class note for question 1: Sun Tzu, The Art of War
-What makes a leader a good leader??
-Leadership is about principles and how you can understand the way to do it and make things as good as it can be and one of the way is the moral law?
-The five elements of strategy?
-market competition is war
– how to defeat an enemy
-what is art of war is about? what is the project of the art of war?
-the project can be two different questions
1) what kind of knowledge is necessary in order to lead a state, what do you need to know, how do you need to know it, in what way does knowledge work, what kind of relationship between the mind and the body when you say I know something
– you have to know and train things in such a way that mind forgets and the body remember
2) a question of organization that to say how is it that before the fight/ conflict begins, you have all the thing that need to be organized in such a way that you can be sure of victory even if that victory looks like no fighting at all (if you know yourself and your enemy you can be sure of victory of any case) (how well you know the world, yourself and your enemy in the world and how well you have organized yourself based on that knowledge) (you have information that the other guy does not) (how can you never be deceived about yourself or other)
Strategic knowledge: is always framed by a goal or an end that may or may not be external to it (that to say it may or may not be Instrumental knowledge). Also, it involves overcome resistance/obstacles. Strategic knowledge sometimes is Instrumental knowledge
Instrumental knowledge: is knowledge in which the end or goal is external to the process of knowing, Instrumental knowledge has external relationship between the goal and the process.?
-to know yourself and your enemy is such a way that you minimize the resistance as much as possible.
– organization related to strategic knowledge but not the same thing, and has to do with some problems which is the basic human condition that exposed to potential
three entities that is exposed to…..?
the leader/ the leader body habits/practices
the polis/political community
the army /martial force?
5 elements to every process of strategic thinking
Strategic knowledge: being that knowledge to allowed someone to overcome resistance/obstacles. Strategic knowledge is kind of knowledge one’s developed if trying to win hand to hand comeback. Strategic knowledge allows to come over resistance come from an enemy.?
Strategic knowledge is about principles not intuition. the way in which someone apply certain principles
Sun Tzu said: if I know with precision how things stand in both said with all 5 of these 5 elements of strategic knowledge/ category I can know with certainty who will win the conflict
5 elements of strategic knowledge also the 5 possible sources of destruction, the 5 sources of resistance that you have to be overcome and each one have different kind of shape?
Instrumental knowledge: knowledge to allowed someone achieve some external end. goal oriented knowledge.
What is the different between leading someone when you are fighting flourishing?
Good leader character, what makes character a character
The character of a person is formed in the development of Virtue, that is to say all characters have their component part Virtue
Virtue basically means a capacity, if Im virtuous person it means Im a capable person, if you’re capacity is bigger you’re becoming more capable than you are developing a strong character
Sun Tzu trying to remove the conflict, how do we organize ourselves is such a way, how to we come ourselves that we never have to fight at all
the second chapter is all about this
-humanism was universalism.?
-Sun Tzu: who is kind of humanist that one once except the fact that humanity is accomplishment, in order to be good people we have to pacify certain conflict.?
-conflict begin in the body of the leaders themselves.?
-trying to overcome the resistance that come from human condition itself
– Sun Tzu: distraction do not get distracted and do not be deceived by the situation by which you find yourself, the great enemy of the character of the leader is destruction becoming obsessed with one emotion becoming obsessed of one detail of the situation.?
-Sun Tzu: do not be deceived do lose touch with the reality where you find yourself.?
– the intern Chinese commentator in the text: the way we think about organization in any particular contacts is it something like the mountain or the channel, the mountain which rock rolls or the channel which water flows
– the channel of someone energy in the formation of character and the martial capacity of one’s organization.
– changing shape into a question of how to be rock
– two elements – water which flows and rock which rolls
-Sun Tzu: being water is way of avoiding conflict or moving around conflict.
– CHAPTER 2 Doing Battle: is a kind of argument being made about we do not want perseverance, we want victory.
– perseverance is a bad thing we do not want perseverance and you should not engage in it for a long time, doing battle is defined by speed, speed is the value is want we want to do, move quickly and fast.
– OODA loop
-Sun Tzu: winning is just another name for slightly less severe if lost.
winning a Battle is not a good thing, we do not like winning or losing because we do not like war at all.
– assessed disadvantages before advantages, where am i weak where other weaknesses not where am i strong. need to control strength and think of weakness and incapacity. and where your enemy have disadvantages to avoid long struggle.
the things someone want to Attack
1- the enemy plan – Attack someone capacity for knowledge
2-alliances – going after someone alliances and make sure no one going to safe the enemy
3-army – if the above falls I Attack the army itself
4- city – Attack the people
-Sun Tzu: this is the issue, how to win a fight when leaving as much as possible of the 4 point above intact. how to avoid destroying all the resources of capacity that the other has.
formation: what are you able to control, formation of one character is always a question of where are your weaknesses. weaknesses is understood as an access, how to not loss my way and end up becoming absorb in a conflict and lose control of the formation of my character
-virtue between two poles either side of it two weaknesses, a weakness of access and a weakness of deficiency.
The five strategic factors in chapter one:
second schema that we have to consider once you have identified how you are going to approach the formation of character you become the leader you are; you have a new schema to know the specific situation in which you find yourself and its involve kind of flow?
the first step it has to be a process of measurement – estimation/assessment
measurement refer to the way to lead the schema back to the fist schema above, how do you measure your relative capacity, knowledge or situation within each of the above 5 variables. how to master the way, how your relationship with people? how that knowledge related to the organization of my forces. the meaning of what i have measured in a relation of what i wish to do and be victorious.
The background and significance of the problem and a clear statement of the research purpose is provided. The search history is mentioned.
Content is well-organized with headings for each slide and bulleted lists to group related material as needed. Use of font, color, graphics, effects, etc. to enhance readability and presentation content is excellent. Length requirements of 10 slides/pages or less is met.
More depth/detail for the background and significance is needed, or the research detail is not clear. No search history information is provided.
Review of relevant theoretical literature is evident, but there is little integration of studies into concepts related to problem. Review is partially focused and organized. Supporting and opposing research are included. Summary of information presented is included. Conclusion may not contain a biblical integration.
Content is somewhat organized, but no structure is apparent. The use of font, color, graphics, effects, etc. is occasionally detracting to the presentation content. Length requirements may not be met.
The background and/or significance are missing. No search history information is provided.
Review of relevant theoretical literature is evident, but there is no integration of studies into concepts related to problem. Review is partially focused and organized. Supporting and opposing research are not included in the summary of information presented. Conclusion does not contain a biblical integration.
There is no clear or logical organizational structure. No logical sequence is apparent. The use of font, color, graphics, effects etc. is often detracting to the presentation content. Length requirements may not be met
You Can Also Place the Order at www.collegepaper.us/orders/ordernow or www.crucialessay.com/orders/ordernow