Order ID:89JHGSJE83839 Style:APA/MLA/Harvard/Chicago Pages:5-10
Prompt Assignment #2 Prospectus
What is a Prospectus?
The prospectus is the plan for your final paper and contains all of the elements of the final paper. It is probably the most important, and often the most difficult, assignment to write. Its purpose is to help you to organize your research into an argument: to formulate your thesis, counterarguments, rebuttals, and to plan how you will use your sources to provide the evidence you need to support your claims. Remember that your prospectus is a planning document, not a final draft; you are free to make substantial changes if further research shows you that you need to do so.
Write a 3-page overview of your research paper. Your project may still be incomplete, but don’t worry about that; do as much as you can with the research you’ve conducted so far. Your prospectus should incorporate research from at least 3 scholarly sources. Your prospectus must be written in expository prose (three to four substantial paragraphs is typical), and should do the following:
- Include an engaging title
- Introduce your topic:
- Specify the particular global contemporary issue you will address and suggest its local implications.
- Demonstrate the global context of your topic.
- Address the conceptual problem you observed in your research.
- Include at least a few of the observations that have led you to pose your question.
- Explicitly state the arguable question that your paper will address.
- Acknowledge and cite other scholars’ work on your topic and consider alternative interpretations or answers to the question (potential counterarguments).
- Propose your own arguable claim (your working thesis).
- Discuss the main points that you will address and the strength and credibility of the evidence and sources that you will use as you develop your position (thesis).
- Comment on the significance of both your topic and your position and make some reference to your action plan.
Your prospectus should contain very few, if any, direct quotations, but you should refer to and cite the scholars whose work you have consulted, and you should summarize at least some of the evidence you will be using to support your argument.
On your TritonEd lecture site, you will find a prospectus template that will help you to shape your prospectus. You must submit a completed prospectus template in addition to your 3 page prospectus. Use whichever template your TA requires.
The background and significance of the problem and a clear statement of the research purpose is provided. The search history is mentioned.
Content is well-organized with headings for each slide and bulleted lists to group related material as needed. Use of font, color, graphics, effects, etc. to enhance readability and presentation content is excellent. Length requirements of 10 slides/pages or less is met.
More depth/detail for the background and significance is needed, or the research detail is not clear. No search history information is provided.
Review of relevant theoretical literature is evident, but there is little integration of studies into concepts related to problem. Review is partially focused and organized. Supporting and opposing research are included. Summary of information presented is included. Conclusion may not contain a biblical integration.
Content is somewhat organized, but no structure is apparent. The use of font, color, graphics, effects, etc. is occasionally detracting to the presentation content. Length requirements may not be met.
The background and/or significance are missing. No search history information is provided.
Review of relevant theoretical literature is evident, but there is no integration of studies into concepts related to problem. Review is partially focused and organized. Supporting and opposing research are not included in the summary of information presented. Conclusion does not contain a biblical integration.
There is no clear or logical organizational structure. No logical sequence is apparent. The use of font, color, graphics, effects etc. is often detracting to the presentation content. Length requirements may not be met
You Can Also Place the Order at www.collegepaper.us/orders/ordernow or www.crucialessay.com/orders/ordernow