Topic 7: Groups and Aggression
12 Angry Men
For this assignment, you will need to watch the film, 12 Angry Men (1957, Orion-Nova Productions). The film brings to life many of the concepts covered in class to date.
Below, please provide specific examples from the film to support your ideas/claims. Integrate at least two expert sources and be sure to include proper APA citations within your document and at the end (reference section).
Note: Most of this information can be pulled from your textbook. You may type directly into this worksheet. Each answer must be substantial and include some detail if you want to earn full credit. Be sure to define the concepts.
1. Discuss patterns of persuasion, conformity, and minority influence witnessed in the film, providing specific examples.
Other social influences:
2. Analyze issues of stereotypes and prejudice observed while watching the jurors deliberate. There are many to choose from!
3. In psychology, heuristics are simple, efficient rules which people often use to form judgments and make decisions. They are mental shortcuts that usually involve focusing on one aspect of a complex problem and ignoring others. Determine if there was evidence of cognitive heuristics and label it (e.g. availability, false consensus, social proof). Discuss where/how it occurred.
4. Interpret the catalyst of change that resulted in the outcome of the film, based on your perceptions. How does this line up with some of the research in social psychology?
5. Discuss if the group in the film demonstrate group polarization. Were they at risk for groupthink? Explain:
The background and significance of the problem and a clear statement of the research purpose is provided. The search history is mentioned.
Content is well-organized with headings for each slide and bulleted lists to group related material as needed. Use of font, color, graphics, effects, etc. to enhance readability and presentation content is excellent. Length requirements of 10 slides/pages or less is met.
More depth/detail for the background and significance is needed, or the research detail is not clear. No search history information is provided.
Review of relevant theoretical literature is evident, but there is little integration of studies into concepts related to problem. Review is partially focused and organized. Supporting and opposing research are included. Summary of information presented is included. Conclusion may not contain a biblical integration.
Content is somewhat organized, but no structure is apparent. The use of font, color, graphics, effects, etc. is occasionally detracting to the presentation content. Length requirements may not be met.
The background and/or significance are missing. No search history information is provided.
Review of relevant theoretical literature is evident, but there is no integration of studies into concepts related to problem. Review is partially focused and organized. Supporting and opposing research are not included in the summary of information presented. Conclusion does not contain a biblical integration.
There is no clear or logical organizational structure. No logical sequence is apparent. The use of font, color, graphics, effects etc. is often detracting to the presentation content. Length requirements may not be met
|You Can Also Place the Order at www.collegepaper.us/orders/ordernow or www.crucialessay.com/orders/ordernow|
Groups and Aggression